RE: Replacing the CAT

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 19:34:39 EST

> Okay, looks like the cat is shot on my 96 V6. It still does
> its job but is
> making that annoying rattling noise. Now from the V6ers I
> was considering a
> free flow cat from Summit. Any thoughts? Will I be reducing the back
> pressure to much with that? I'm running the stock exhaust
> manafold now but
> and considering headders later this year. So that's
> something to keep in
> mind too.

A good HiFlo cat you can get from Jeg's(I know Jeg's suck, but this is one
product that they can't mess up) at a good price is by Dynomax. WARNING: IT
WILL MAKE YOUR TRUCK LOUDER! Yes bottom end suffers, but only a little
bit... One the major plus side is that the RPM's will come up quicker
starting at around 2500RPM.

Greg
NE# 3779
2K1 Neon ES