Re: Predictions of Chrysler's demise.....

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 06:35:41 EST

They are not killing the Hemi. My company is making
those engine blocks and we have a secured 5 year
contract on them. They are currently stopping
production right now because of slipping US demand.
But, Golden Castings (my company) is on Christmas
shutdown right now. And in the past 2 months we have
only laid off 14 employees. We are holding our own
and some product lines are being increased after the
first of the year. Take at look at the new Car &
Driver mag. It has some interesting photos of what
might happen in the future. The new Ram is shown in
an artists rendering. The only problem that I see
with the new Ram is that it looks alot like the Ford
Super Duty trucks.