Re: (OT)Re: Who on the list knows old computers? MP3s won`t play back right.?

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 12:27:20 EST

I have been given two EDO RAM boards over the
weekend.They are out of a Packard Bell with similar
specs as mine.I think they are 8MB each? My computer
has the AM5X86-P75 133mhz processor,BTW.Can I use two
regular DRAM and two EDO boards together? Don`t know
what McAfee is! Safe bet that I`m not running it.
Thanks! Steve P. --- Ransom T Holbrook
<ransom@setel.com> wrote:
> More than likely it is a memory problem, 16MB of RAM
> makes windows run like
> a dog. The machine is probably doing memory swap
> causing the MP3 player to
> 'pause'. Since it is a Pentium Class machine you
> have to 'pair' the memory.
> I would suggest at least 2 - 16MB sticks as a
> MINIMIUM and would look for
> 2 - 32MB or 2 - 64MB. Yes 72 pin EDO will work if
> just plan old 72 pin
> can't befound ... but I don't know the specs of your
> AST, so I can say for
> sure. I work with many labs of old 'Pentium class
> machines' P75/P100 that
> we have upgraded memory and HD in that does fine
> 'browsing',
> word-processing, and doing general stuff with ...
>
> BTW, Would you happen to have McAfee running??

=====
1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.