NEEDED: Laucnhing Help!

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 14:36:02 EST

OK, this is really getting to me....
    Last night, the two loud blue dakotas of Los Alamos went at it, (wihta
HUGE crowd watchin) I of course won, but it took alot of effort. my reg cab
93 Dak 318 auto VS his 98 4x4 Club Cab 318 5 speed, both have intake/exhaust
mods. He also has jet Chip and a custom TB, I do not.... SO we launch, adn
he kicks my ass on the launch pulls about 1/2 truck ahead, which ofcourse I
regain when he has to take time to shift. I end up winning, but I really
wanna launch better....

    My truck seems to launch worse if I powerbrake it to about 1600RPM,
unliek i previously belived. NOthing seems to work now, it's just a dog out
of the hole, period. My friend R/T (which I ahve also beaten) is a bat outa
hell outa the hole, spins the ehll outa the tires and all, mine just go along
merily till it hits about 2500 them BAM I am hauling ass never lookin back.
But races are getting harder to win because of my lack of launch, PLEASE HELP!

Greg