Re: RE: New dyno graph

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 20:23:07 EST

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 16:42:26 -0500, jon@fast4x4.net ("Jon Smith")
wrote:
>Terry, I know the guy in Jax. runs his dyno sessions differently than
>Precision. Next time you go, see if he'll let you unhook the TV cable and
>run it in "D" only. We did that last time on Flummer's truck and were able
>to get a data set from a LOT lower rpm than you can with the other methods.

I'm sure Wayne will let me do that no problem. I'll try it the next
time I'm there. Yes, the two dyno shops do the runs differently, but
I think the comparison I made is still valid. I looked at other R/T
runs on the Jax. dyno and they were all dropping off hp and torque
past 4200, where my truck now increases up to 4600 and stays almost
flat out to 5600.

>I hope to get back to Belmont soon and play around.

I'd like to get back to Belmont sometime and run on that dyno again,
to get a real comparison back to my early runs.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.425 @ 93.52, 258 rwhp
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html