Ok, got a question....

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 12:58:01 EST

Ok, my friends 97 Dakota is still acting up. Here is the situation; crank it
up and it revs to about 1k and then falls on it face dead. This happens
within 3 seconds of cranking the motor. This can be repeated over and over.
Un hook the computer and reset it. Does fine for about 3 days and then
starts this all over. Took it to the dealership and the thing was spitting
out codes that are related to the V-10 (talking about the no 9 injector
wasn't working, the second coil pack was dead, etc...) We are going to
replace the computer today, and he has a JET Performance chip. His Dad and
mine are arguing with us saying that the performance chip is what burned up
the computer. We are sticking with the idea that the chip had nothing to do
with the computer doing this. What are the opinions here? TIA

Will
96 Paxton huffed 408 Dakota