The Bubble's Popped

From: Miles Harris (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 15:13:06 EST

Got a Motor Vehicle Notification from DC yesterday. Seems my Dak is in need
of a little production correction. The problem (and I quote), "The
evaporative canister purge orifice on your truck (identified on the
enclosed form) was inadvertently omitted" Of course not only does it appear
that they omitted the purge orifice but it appears they inadvertently
omitted the "enclosed form" from the letter.

I called my dealer and after she check to see they had the part in stock,
we got my Dak scheduled for correction tomorrow.

While I have it in the shop I'm going to have them check out an
intermittent dieseling problem. Seems sometimes the truck runs on for a
second or two when I turn off the ignition. So as not to be totally
clueless when I drop the truck off, does anyone have any idea what might be
causing this. All I can remember from a long time ago is it has something
to due with timing, however, as I have learned from this list, the computer
controls the engine timing (does the computer need to be reset?). I was
planning to bring this problem up this week before I took it to the dealer.
The recall just accelerated my getting the dieseling problem looked at.

--
Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA