RE: Acceleration and Axle Ratios

From: Bob H. (dakotacab@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 14:10:17 EST

A little off topic but let me be the first to thank
the Federal Reserve for lowering interest rates off
schedule while I was not in the market.

They just cost me about two grand in earnings I was
planning on spending on my soon to be purchased
Dakota.

CNN--"U.S. stocks surged Wednesday afternoon,
recovering from earlier losses, after the Federal
Reserve cut interest rates.

The surprise decision, which comes outside the central
bank's regularly scheduled meeting, soothed a market
worried about how much the slowing economy will cut
into corporate profits.

Just before 1:25 p.m. ET, the Dow Jones industrial
average gained 316.78 points, or more than 2 percent,
to 10,954.80. The Nasdaq composite index jumped 112.17
points, or nearly 5 percent, to 2,402.46. The S&P 500
gained 34.79 to 1,318.16.

Concerned about the economy's weakness, the Fed cut
the Federal Funds rate by a half percentage point to 6
percent and lowered the discount rate by a quarter
percentage point. "

--- Stlaurent Mr Steven <STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil>