Re: Tire selection for off road use.

From: brad k (brad70_98@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 22:37:28 EST

Hi All,

WOW, my first post!!!

 I just put 32x11.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on my
unmodified 98 4x4 5.2 dakota.
They rub slight but only on hard turns, usually when
parking. They work
great
offroad and in the mud, but have a noticeable hum when
on the pavement.

The BFG Mud TA have large nobs on the egdes which rubs
the inner fenderwell.
Other tread patterns like the BFG All Terrains might
be O.K.

Some tire places will test fit a set of tires for you
to see if they will
rub.....
Ask around.

Brad

>I would like to purchase a set of wheels and tires
that I can put on
>the Dak
>for when we go off roading. We have a big trip planed
for the spring,
>700
>miles of logging roads and back country.
>
>I was thinking of trying to fit a set of 32 x 12.5 x
15 tires with 15 x
>10
>steel wheels under the Dak. It's a 2000, 4 x 4, 4.7L,
Auto with 3.55
>Axle
>ratio. I put a 1" lift block in the rear and cranked
up the torsion
>bars one
>inch as well.

>Has any one fit 32" tall and 12 inch wide tires on a
rig like this? I
>would
>appreciate any comments. If the 32" is an issue I
will get 31" like it
>came
.>with. Will the 12" wide be an issue with this
vehicle?

Patrick O'Day