Tire selection for off road use.

From: Patrick O'Day (fogbot@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 02:44:24 EST

I would like to purchase a set of wheels and tires that I can put on the Dak
for when we go off roading. We have a big trip planed for the spring, 700
miles of logging roads and back country.

I was thinking of trying to fit a set of 32 x 12.5 x 15 tires with 15 x 10
steel wheels under the Dak. It's a 2000, 4 x 4, 4.7L, Auto with 3.55 Axle
ratio. I put a 1" lift block in the rear and cranked up the torsion bars one
inch as well.

Has any one fit 32" tall and 12 inch wide tires on a rig like this? I would
appreciate any comments. If the 32" is an issue I will get 31" like it came
with. Will the 12" wide be an issue with this vehicle?

Patrick O'Day