New Hoses/Tstat Installed......

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 15:04:29 EST

Well I finally got around to installing a new upper radiator hose, lower
radiator hose, bypass hose, thermostat gasket, and the infamous Robert Shaw
Generation II tstat(195 degree model). The 40,000 mile old Stant SuperStat
looked pretty good, probably due to its stainless steel construction. The
bypass hose was a pain in the butt to get off, but I am glad I replaced it,
being 135,000 miles old and all. I left the radiator cap off and started the
truck up, to bleed out any air within the system and was amazed how much
faster my truck warmed up. Possibly the new tstat? This last month or so, I
will click on my truck with the remote starter, let it warm up for 15
minutes before I head off to work, and the truck still would take another 5
minutes of driving before it would produce decent heat. It would also take
this long for the engine temp needle to start moving. So hopefully now I
wont have to worry about letting it warm up that long. Well I am now off to
WalMart to return/exhange the defective Stant radiator cap, it is missing a
frigin rivet! And fire up my air compressor, as all my trucks tires need
air. I didnt get around to installing the new serpentine belt. If the
weather is nice tomorrow, I will put it on them. Take care all.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6