Re: RE: Was MPG--Now: What octane?

From: Mike Klinke (LSOMike@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 14:03:46 EST

Chrysler recommends that both be run on 87 octane unless you're experiencing
excessive pinging which can be caused by heavy loads, bad gas, carbon
build-up, or as we have seen in the various TSB's, there are also other
mechanical reasons. I've only run 87 octane in my 2000 5.9L so far without
problem.

Regards, Mike Klinke