Re: Re: RE: Was MPG--Now: What octane?

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 17:36:44 EST

I have a 97, 318 and the manual says to run 87 octane. I do not have the
problems with my truck that some on the list have (pinging etc.) But
regardless, I always use 89 octane (Chevron). Is there a problem with
running higher octane fuel in our trucks if it is not so called "needed" by
Dodge? I am experiencing no problems with pinging with 89 octane should I
try 87 as it is cheaper and if I do experience problems I should just go
back to the 89 octane.

TIA
Jay