Re: 3.9 Header

From: mike d. (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 17:33:45 EST

>>I can get a set
from Edelbrock for 190, but the ones from Edelbrock are for the 87-91 daks.
will the edelbrock's work on the Magnum engines? Also who else sell headers
for the 3.9? One more question. The truck currently has 3.55 gears. I would
like to upgrade to 3.92 or 3.73, either way with Posi. <<

Hey Dan,
I have the edelbrocks on my 88. They will fit the magnums, but the primaries
are pretty small (the JBA's have lager primaries) and the EGR tube is on the
driver's side on the premags, while it's on the passenger side on the
magnums. You'd have to fab up a longer EGR tube and run it over to the
passenger side. The Edelbrocks aren't coated or anything either. You could
probably get the JBA's cheaper somewhere else.
As for the gears, you're pretty much limited to 3.55, 3.92. or 4.10. Nobody
makes a 3.73 for Daks.

-miggity

PROJECT 13's --> slammed 88 Dakota / 360 swap in progress!!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s

"Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult"