RE: GenIII 'Bugs'

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 21:57:53 EST

Is there a headlight relay? Maybe it`s pitted a
little,and you bumped it when changing the CPS? Either
that,or a bad connection in the area would be my
guesses.Hard to see how a CPS could affect it at
all,and hard to see how the computer could have been
keeping them forced off.But then,me telling you what
could be the problem with your Dak would be like me
telling Ted Nugent how to skin a squirrel! (My
experience is lacking,comparatively speaking!)But I do
know ALL ABOUT having a tough-to-diagnose problem,so I
definitely hope ya get it figured out. Steve P.

--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <fasstdak@swbell.net> wrote:

> Ok...here's a strange fix for my light switch (which
> went out last night).
>
> I was replacing my Crank Position Sensor earlier
> this AM and reset the
> computer. Viola...the headlight work again. What
> the @#$%??? That makes
> no sense.
>
> - Bernd

=====
1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.