Jay's Ramblings

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 16:15:37 EST

Ron, Steve, Ed, quick run outside there's some sort of wet stuff falling
from the sky.

I guess I should have seen this coming. Last weekend I had enough time to
go out and replace my bald tires, but decided I did want to spend the money
right now. Hey but it's kinda cool to be able to spin the wheels with a jab
at the throttle from 40mph.

I just got back from lunch and though I'd share this. On the very long walk
out to my dak, in the rain, I noticed a new white RT in the parking lot. A
quick look over and I went on. I don't think I've mentioned this but there
seems to be a very high concentration of Dakotas in my work's parking lot
(Boeing-Huntington Beach). I've seen several QCabs, lots of V6 and V8 CC's,
2 RT's and one or two standard cabs. I also have seen about 10 gen II's and
one or two Gen 1's. Even the hotdog truck that feeds us is a Dakota. I
went to 7-11 to buy my "chili dog of death" and got to thinking about all
the Daks at Boeing. Not to mention there are some cool old cars around too;
a Barracuda, an old mustang, a 240Z show car and various other goodies.
Swelling inside me was a growing pride for my work place and fellow
employees. Feeling very content as I pulled back into the Boeing parking
lot ready to do some serious work for the good of the company. Then I
noticed the sprinklers in the grass were on, ... in the rain, ... at noon
time. All that came to mind was what a stupid bureaucracy this company is.

So all in all the pride in my workplace lasted almost my entire lunch break.
Oh well.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at