Re: New MPG post repairs WAS Re: Removing carbon build up??

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 19:36:30 EST

> I think this cold weather makes it a bit difficult to squeeze the MPG out
of the
> truck. I'm halfway to work by the time she heats up to normal, so I
figure it's
> running rich until then. I'll let you know what I get this next tank is
> though.
> 18 MPG is much better than 10, so I am content, but I'd be REALLY happy if
I got
> what I used to. I guess I expected a little bit better since I changed
the
> timing belt too. Oh, I've checked 4 times since Christmas, and I have NO
codes
> on the computer :)

Well that is a considerable mileage increase, going from 10 to 18ish is
great. I mean, you probably spent $100 or so for those two sensors, but if
this great gas mileage keeps up, it will be well worth it. I think I may
first try putting a new MAP sensor on, since this is really the only sensor
I havent replaced. The current MAP is the factory one also. The 02 sensor is
about 35,000 miles old, so I am going to see what the new MAP will do for me
and possibly look into getting a new 02 sensor if the mileage doesnt change
at all. Then again, I may just save a good about of cash and order them both
through CarParts.com and use their first time customer coupon a get 33% off
my first order. They have both Borg Warner and Bosch sensors, so I would be
able to pick up for sensors for about $70 after the coupon. Good Luck with
the mileage!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6