Re: Engine problems

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 22:41:51 EST

I pulled the code 13 on my 93 V6. It's pain in the ass to investigate. I could
mean you have a leak in one of your vacuum lines (I did check those), an gasket
leak, (easy to check also), or as it was in my case, the MAP sensor is bad. I
got lazy and impatient and just bought a new MAP sensor and put it in. I would
have just returned it had that not corrected the problem. You can find the
procedures to test the MAP sensor at Autozone's webpage.

Good luck,
Mike S.
93 V6

Lynn Gustafson wrote:

> I ran the engine codes on my truck. It is an 89 Dakota with a 3.9L V6. 2
> of the codes I do not know how to correct. The first one is code 13 which
> is "No difference recognized between the engine MAP reading and the
> barometric pressure reading from start-up."

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary