Re: My Bed Has The Shakes

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 10:36:14 EST

It's not the bed, the bed is secured directly to the frame. What you're
perceiving as a bed shake is actually the cab moving. When you get the chance
jump under there and look at the points where the cab mounts to the frame.
There are rubber grommets in there to soften the blows to the cab (and to
you) in offroad conditions. All trucks are set up like this, but some trucks
it's more evident than others.
    Your "bed shake" may also be amplified by the natural flex in your truck
frame, being that your wheelbase is so long.

-Austin
Vipertruck

In a message dated 1/12/01 10:32:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
michael.carr@sabre.com writes:

> I have a concern about my 2001 QC. The bed shakes, like its suspended
> on rubber bands. It is noticeable on roads with even minor
> imperfections in them. If Dodge added some sort of suspension to the
> bed mounts, my hat goes off to them for trying to eliminate annoying bed
> rattles! As I didn't notice this on my previous p/u (Ford F250) I just
> want to make sure this is normal for the Dakota.
>
> Is this normal?

 -Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 6.0 V8