Re: Gen II K & N ???

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 23:25:49 EST

> I am not really understanding this part of the k&n gen II air filters, it
> looks like everyone at least with the pics that i have seen used the
filter
> but build there own tubing and system to hook it up to the intake, can you
> just but the filter and hook it in or do u have to modify it or somthing
> like that,

Jason,
Some GenII/GenIII Dakota owners are creating what K&N calls their Generation
II intake kits. GenII Dakota owners, like myself, are just building their
own kits and the gains seem to be very promising whether you own a GenII or
a GenIII Dakotas. I got a hold of a stock air hat from a GenIII Dakota, and
just built my own K&N GenII imitation intake, which many call their 'PoBoy'
or Homebrew intake, cause it is just that......homemade. I built mine for
about $50. Take a GenIII Dakota air hat, get some PVC/ABS 3" sewer
pipe(paint it black or what every color you want) with some 45degree PVC/ABS
elbows, a K&N cone filter(I am usinga 6"x9" cone), and you are set. Of
course, you can also buy an intake kit if you dont want to fab up your own.
Get a hold of Tony at QuickD(www.quickd.com) and he will hook you up with
what you need. I am eventually going to buy just the metal intake tube from
QuickD and have it ceramic coated, to replace my plastic PVC tube. Hope this
helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6