RE: RE: Re: Ooops

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 10:26:38 EST

OUCH!! I'm glad that you're knee is better along with your face. The back
doesn't seem to bounce back from injuries quite as easily though. I can
only recommend one thing... go back to your doctor and see about getting
physiotherapy. I've read some studies on MVA's and physiotherapy, and the
recovery rate for those who underwent physio is much quicker with less
recurrence of pain than those who didn't have physio.

My car insurance covered my physio but only to a certain amount. After
that, my physiotherapist continued treatments and took the insurance company
to court for arbitration. I Won ! :-) I know from myself, that the
ultrasound machine and whatever that other one is called with the electrical
impulses, really helped with the pain. Mind you, I also had massage therapy
which hurt like hell for the first day, but felt so much better afterwards.
Later on they start with exercises that help strengthen all the muscles that
support your back for your spine and possibly even make it stronger than
before. It really depends on how dedicated and stubborn you are with the
regimen they set out for you. But don't over do, it can be worse that way.

Ice packs and heat packs helped with the lower back pain as well. The lower
back is a horrible place to have pain. It's so amazing how much we use our
back for the simplest little tasks. After a back injury, even flushing the
toilet can send spikes of pain throughout the spine. Hope you recover well
and quickly. Any news on your Dak situation?

TTYL,
Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd