RE: TB modifications

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 22:56:54 EST

> Hey everybody,
>
> Has anybody done they're own tb mods?

I did! I did!

> I want to clean take those ridges off of the top, thin the blades and
shafts, and polish the holes...

> This will be my first big job with the Dremel (xmas present:). What
> attachment should I use to remove the ridges?

A hacksaw to remove those big nasty things at the top of the TB (except
maybe the one that supports the S-bolt), file the rest down flat. Or if you
really want to give the Dremel a work out use the cutting wheels(gonna need
lots of those). Use the carbide tipped stuff to do the rough work, then
switch to the sandpaper wheels to smooth things out. DO not go below the
butterfly's..

> And how much of an improvement is this mod? Can I feel it somewhere in
the power band, or what?

Big improvement throughout the band, mostly above 3k...

Greg
NE# 3779
2K1 Neon ES
Rahway NJ