Re: Friend had a problem with DC...

From: Peanut (peanut3576@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 13:14:58 EST

> Re: life insurance & debts/liabilities after death -
>
> If you are single (no children, spouse) there isn't
> much need for life insurance unless you want to be a
> nice guy and leave your parents something or want to
> pay for your funeral. Your birth family is not
> responsible for your debts - unless they co-signed.

I am single but I got it so that my family doesn't
have any extra "loose ends to tie up" should anything
happen to me. They'd get an extra vehicle for, say,
one of my cousins or whatever and not have to worry
about having to pay the remaining balance to be able
to get it. (And as of right now, they'd get extra
money, too.) It takes so little, but it covers so much
- my piece of mind.

My friend told me what made it so hard was that it was
sentimental in the fact that the car carried his
scent... and his daily habits (like scraps of paper
with his writing). She was willing to part with the
car, but not with his memory so quickly... then to
have it taken under the cloak of night was very
difficult for her.