Re: Swapping out my 318 for a 360...

From: Sam South (sawcut64@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 11:34:28 EST

Just picked up a 2001 Mopar catalog and they have a MPI Magnum 5.9L short
block listed. It's a rebuilt unit with everything new except the crank,
rods, and the block. It also has the Magnum R/T cam, so you could bolt up
the rest of your 318 components(if there in decent shape)and a torque
converter from a 360. You'll also have to change to a 360 computer. The part
# for the short block is P5007549 and Monacotti Chrysler Plymouth gave me a
price of $1143.00. There's probably more to it then this that some of the
other guys here can help with, but I don't see why this wouldn't pass an
emissions test. Anyway keep us informed on your progress.
Sam South
95 Dak, V-8,3.90 LSD,5-speed
14.10@98.05
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Mt5J8FaDfVCv6/