Re: Swapping out my 318 for a 360...

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 11:26:11 EST

I'm in the same boat as you. Just posted a similar note.

The 318 to 360 is a direct swap, you need to use the 360 damper and
flexplate for balancing purposes. The stock computer should work, but you
may want to find out if Mike Leach reprograms them, or if there is a MP
puter as you may end up a little lean. The crate motor has too big a cam
for the computers so you should step it down if you go that route, also the
crate motor balancing is like the premag 360, so a rebalance would be in
order. There is also a short block available from MP the best price I got
was around $1450. I think this might be our best option as the entire top
of the motor could then be swapped over.

TonyC