Swapping out my 318 for a 360...

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 10:15:39 EST

Hey guys,

I cracked the block of my 318, and am thinking about going the route of
putting a 360 in it's place instead of another 318. It is a 96 model Dakota
Sport (last year of the old body style), auto tranny...

Here are my questions:

- Would I be able to use the Mopar Performance computer from my 318(I still
have the stock one, too) for the 360, or would I need a different computer?

- IF I can put in a 360, what would it take? What if I went with a Mopar
"Crate" motor like the 300hp or 380hp 360? Would a stock 360 from a truck or
van be more feasible?? (I still need the truck to pass emissions!)

I'm looking for any advice you guys can give me, and soon, because I'm going
to have to make a decision pretty damn quick.... My 71 Chevelle is not
really a daily driver, but I don't have any other transportation at this
time...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom "Slick" North