Re: Swapping out my 318 for a 360...

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 22:41:07 EST

1. Would I be able to use the Mopar Performance computer?

A. Yes, but you would have to buy a set of 30# injectors and it will run
pretty ragged. It is cheaper to buy a new 360 PCM for $209 and then get the
$100 core for a total of $109.

2.IF I can put in a 360, what would it take? What if I went with a Mopar
"Crate" motor like the 300hp or 380hp 360? Would a stock 360 from a truck or
van be more feasible?? (I still need the truck to pass emissions!)

A. If you need to pass a sniffer, go with a stock 360 with maybe a R/T cam
and all the "legal" mopar parts. If you have an auto trans, you need a
balance kit for the flexplate, if manual, then you need a 360 flywheel
($250). for both you only need to swap these and the computer. Everything
else can be re-used.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS(8 3/4 coming soon), Cowl-induction
(A new E-body 8 3/4 [3.90 SG] has been built by Reider Racing)