FINALLY Got the truck fixed (good reading)

From: Y2KDakuda@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 00:04:02 EST

Well after a long hard road of fighting with dealers to fix my trans you all
remember the posts about the hell I went through. I took it to another dealer
and let me tell ya this place is great. The service manager loved my truck
and all the mods I have done and said he can't wait to see what I do next. He
told me that they have had many 4.7 5 speeds in for tranny work with the same
problem I had and they just replaced them said that the other dealer was just
trying to take me for a grand. Also while it was in I asked him to check that
truck since I am at 30K and the 3/36 is almost up. well he came back with a
list of things a mile long and all of it was covered no questions asked. He
said that ther is no way the other dealer could claim abuse without hard
facks. Best thing was the tech that did the trans had the old one out and the
new one in in 5 hours. I can't beleive the differance in the truck it has
never had so much low end and the shifts are hard and firm. Here is the list
of things they had to replace in 1 year and 30k miles I will include the
price of service incase anyone needs the work done they will know how much
the dealer charges:

Transmission: Total cost parts and labor $1986.15 my cost $0.00 think god
Mopar Bed cover: Total Cost part and labor $378.00 my cost $0.00
Door Handle for passanger door: Total parts and labor $50.06 my cost $0.00
Power window Regulator: Total parts and labor 167.91 my cost $0.00
Left Tail light Lens(it was cracked) Total parts and labor $72.44 my cost
$0.00
CC rear seat back: Still on order
Drivers Front seat cover: Still on order
Total cost of work this visit was 2654.50 man I am glad I found this place
before the 3/36 ran out

Chris Lambert