RE: RE: Crower Rollerized Rocker Arms - Gibson stainless headers

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 22:08:21 EST

No...the 4.7 is a totally different breed.

On the Moroso "Pre Luber", it's not required on the everyday street engine.
(Diesels and Turbo engines would take advantage of the extra oil circulation
due to the turbos boiling the oil after the engine has been shut down.)

Running synthetics has been a long debated subject that has never been won
or lost. You can run whatever you feel comfortable with as long as you keep
a regular schedule on your oil changes (every 3000-3500 miles). If you go
longer than that, synthetics can help out...but do NOT run them (as claimed
by Amsoil) past 10K miles....that's just asking for trouble. (Every oil, no
matter if it's synthetic or "dino" will break down eventually....adding an
extra filter like the Amsoil systems is only mildly prolonging the
inevitable.)

- Bernd