Re: Shelby update - intake question

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 08:10:30 EST

ABeerCan@aol.com wrote:

> Ok, I lucked up and found an 89 Dodge Ram with a TBI 318 in it yesterday. I
> checked in the Shelby I just acquired, and the wiring harness for the TBI is
> still there, I looked and so is the computer. So I stopped and scratched my
> head a little bit, crawled under the dash and looked, and sure enough,
> someone had clipped the lead that goes tot eh check engine light. So I
> simply crimped it back together, turned the key, and viola! I now have a
> check engine light blaring at me!

Congrats on all the good finds lately.

> My question is, since they are both a 318,
> will the tb and intake lift off the Ram and fit on the Shelby? Are there any
> sensors I need to change? I will probably change all the sensors on it
> anyway just to be safe

Yes it will fit. Basically you have pre-mag intakes and mag intakes - thats it
if you are talking small block mopar. All pre-mag intakes interchange w/pre-mags
and all magnum intakes exchange w/all magnum motors. Only real difference is
vertical vs angled manifold attaching bolt holes.

Also - I've got lots of contacts around Starkville (1 drives a wrecker, works at
an auto parts store, and likes to go junkyarding) - let me know if ya need
anything. We partied our asses off new years in Pheba (20 mins N on 389) - oops
I'm rambling...

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"