need help from DML

From: Y2KDakuda@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 08:49:37 EST

I got this e-mail on my site

Hello! I have a 97 dakota that has had a start problem. Maybe you can help. The problem is the engine cranks over but does'n fire. I suspected no spark but could not check it because as soon as my mech. gets to it, it just goes away and everything is normal. As a preventative measure, I had the distibutor pickup changed, 6 mon. later it happened again and I then had the crank sensor changed. Two weeks later it happened again, then fixed itself and hasn't occured since. It has been over two months since the last episode, and it's been cold(below freezing) most of the time. One factor that seems to be common in each case is a high humidity and a temp. just above freezing. I
am leaning toward the computer, but I want to be sure before I spend that kind of money. This is an intemittent problem that neither I nor the local mech. can solve, cause the damm thing won't stay broke. Have you heard of this problem before, or can you forward this letter to someone who might have or has an
idea of where the problem lies? Any help will be appreciated.
Smack