RE: Still rattling in the '99 - Rattle, Rattle, Rattle

From: Panoli, Robert (panolro@mail.northgrum.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 10:39:55 EST

I have a 99 that had 2 rattles. The first one I was almost positive came
from the dash till one day I accidentally bumped my center console with my
elbow and heard the same rattle (the sound must have been echoing off the
dash). Turned out to be a loose component in the console latch. Even the
dealer had thought it was coming from the dash and wanted to rip the whole
thing apart(NO WAY!). The second rattle also sounded like it was in the
dash. This one turned out to be my 4WD shifter boot. It took me months and a
little luck to find the source of these rattles so don't give up.

Bob