Re: RE: Re: Breather tube removal?? (HELP)!!!!!

From: Miles Harris (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 19:39:07 EST

If I'm correct, and I could be wrong, the tube into the manifold is drawing
the blowby gases into via the manifold vacuum. The air from the air-hat is
drawn in to fill that void. The PVC valve works to prevent manifold air
from going back into the crankcase when the manifold vacuum is less than
the crankcase's. I believe that is under acceleration, at least when I
accelerated the old 50 Chevy the vacuum windshield wipers came to a stop,
however they went real fast when I was coasting or going downhill.

--
Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA

"Jon Smith" <jon@fast4x4.net> wrote in article <NEBBJLMLELOOHEAPGKAAKEFFCDAA.jon@fast4x4.net>... > how does it send air into the valve covers against a vaccum gradient? :) I > think you typed what you ment backwards? :) > > ______________________ > Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC > www.fast4x4.net > jon@fast4x4.net > ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ > > > -The PCV system with the PCV valve takes those blow-by gases and feeds them > -back into the intake manifold to be burned off during the combustion > -process. The hose running from your air-hat to the valve cover is feeding > -air into the valve cover, not putting hot air into your air-hat so removing > -the tube is not going to get you the results you desire. > - > -I've taxed my memory enough. Hope this helps > - > - > --- > -Miles Harris III > -Simi Valley, CA > -01 Silver Dakota CC Sport, 2.5L, 5speed > -01 Gold Saturn SC1 (3 door coupe) 1.9L SOC, 4speed auto > -http://www.spikesautos.homestead.com/Dak1.html > -Profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/PfCA4R1zO470w > - > - > >