Re: Still rattling in the '99 - Rattle, Rattle, Rattle

From: rsuter@bizfon.com
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 09:20:17 EST

Steve,

     I'd say my rattle is definately the vibrating plastic variety. I can even
reproduce one that sounds very similar by knocking on the dashpad in the right
spot and I get a rattle from the plastic just above the fuse box. I didn't see
much under the dash that might give a "tin can" sound, so I suspect you might be
on the right track with your "under the hood" philosophy.

     Has anyone removed their dashpad(s)???

thanks,

Rick

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport
3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.