K&N Alternative

From: jdharmon@earthlink.net
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 14:02:42 EST

There are some alternative air intake kits available. All use the same K&N cone filter with rubber fittings. These will degrade and parts of them start to fall into the intake. not good! I was not even aware of this problem until
a couple of months ago.

I am working with a company that makes an air cleaner. It is a cone style, smaller in outside dimensions, but with an inverted cone on the end. All stainless steel mesh with billet aluminum end ring and base. Very sweet. Flow is
same as a large K&N cone filter. I will be working on the kits for all Magnum engines in the near future. Meantime, you could always get just the air filter itself. BTW - the aluminum is available in different colors too! I got
the red one for the DACUDA!!!

The website is www.racingsportsakimoto.com. Don't let the ricer name fool you. Since I will now be their national Sales Manager and work in product development and promotion, I will be personally involved with all of this work.
Just like with my writing for Sport Truck, I really want to support the Dakota/Ram/Durango people.

Jim Harmon
DACUDA