Re: Wanting to stall

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 18:02:10 EST

Ronald Wong wrote:

> Hmmm....Ask your dealer what values were hard-coded. I don't understand the
> PCM not being able to learn this on its own. There are not a lot of people
> that can go in and alter a program and/or tables in a system as complex as
> the PCM. I would be surprised. Let's see what values they tweaked and then
> we'll submit them to Mr. Zimmer and see what kind of answers we get back.

I'm with Ron and Bernd here - but let me be more blunt... this is total
bullshit. It is my understanding that only a complete flash image (from DC) can
be written into the PCM. They should not even have the capability to write
individual values not to mention the fact that it would be against several EPA
regulations to do so. They wish they could just tweak these systems as much as
they want but since computers came along - they are restricted as to what they
can do. Exactly what the government wants.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"