Re: Maintance Required Question

From: loose wheels (1991dak@team.camaroz28.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 09:06:01 EST

Ray,
  I don't know about the milage theory. I personally have never had any vehicle throw a code at me because of it passing a certain mark on the odometer. But, as I said in an earlier response my dak has only had the Maintenance Required light come on due to something being wrong with the Emmisions. Also, the Maint.Reqd. fault code will NOT go away without having your computer reset by a scanner. If you don't know of any shop(that you trust) $55-$75 is usually what you will pay at any dealership. On the other hand when I was having problems I found a local shop that was willing to do the Diagnostic for only $40. Which was a relief to me because I had to take the dak in to find out what the problem was, get the problem fixed, and then take it back to have the code cleared. Needless to say it got rather expensive. Anyways, I hope this helps.

Wes
91' CC 4x4 318ci

Free E-mail by CamaroZ28.Com - FULL THROTTLE INTERNET