RE: Re: 4 Cyl Gas Mileage? / Tach ideas

From: aaron (aaro@enteract.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 13:52:14 EST

20 MPG! I'm impressed that 4 has to work hard to move a 3700# truck, mid
size cars get 23-27mpg with 5sp's and your truck has the aerodynamics of a
barn door compared to a car on top of that 2 tanks is this truck new, if it
is it will get better. Was 19.8-19.6 highway city or mixed, short 1 mile
trips on a rear driver can cut your mpg in half as drive line needs to warm
up (thick oil and gear lube) this is a big reason why car and trucks get
worse gas mileage in cold weather ie: do you live in Canada?With a heavy
foot in stop lights I can get down to 6-7mpg with my V8.