Re: Serp. Belt Ilder/Tensioner

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 13:02:46 EST

> As far as releasing the serpentine belt tensioner is concerned, I use a 3
> foot long crowbar, the straight end is rested against the frame and the
bar
> itself is against the tensioner arm. I then push the bar towards the
block
> and the whole thing moves very easily to relieve pressure. As I
reposition
> the new belt, I do the same thing and then release the pressure tightening
> the belt. It may sound like overkill, but I replace the belt every other
> year in March. I also change my plugs, cap, rotor & wires every year just
> for luck.
> Except for having my water pump go away this past year (Nov) I have had
few
> problems with my 93 V6 since I bought it in Dec 92. We now have 150k and
> are running strong.

Martin,
I am just trying to figure out what is wrong with my truck, as it died a few
times on me this week, and is idling rough as I come to a stop. Just many
things going wrong lately. Truck currently has 135,300 miles on it and was
running great prior to this week. When your water pump went out, was is
leaking from the wheep hole, having cooling problems, making noises, how did
you know it was bad? I have had few problems with my Dak also. I am
hopefully borrowing an Auto Xray scanner, so maybe something is going on
electrically related to a sensor or something.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6