Re: Serp. Belt Ilder/Tensioner

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 16:32:01 EST

At 12:02 PM 1/27/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Martin,
>I am just trying to figure out what is wrong with my truck, as it died a few
>times on me this week, and is idling rough as I come to a stop. Just many
>things going wrong lately. Truck currently has 135,300 miles on it and was
>running great prior to this week. When your water pump went out, was is
>leaking from the wheep hole, having cooling problems, making noises, how did
>you know it was bad? I have had few problems with my Dak also. I am
>hopefully borrowing an Auto Xray scanner, so maybe something is going on
>electrically related to a sensor or something. Kyle 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Kyle

I seem to recall that you just replaced a MAP (?) sensor. If the rough
idle problems
started after whatever you replaced, I'm just wondering if the part was
faulty or
incorrect. Quite a while ago, I replaced a TPS on a '89 Caravan and the
minivan
ran terribly. The TPS was from a Dodge Parts Dept. I found out that they had
given me the wrong TPS.

If you remember which part(s) you replaced last and still have the old ones,
try the old one(s) one at a time again.

Good luck!

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG