Re: Serp. Belt Ilder/Tensioner

From: Martin P Wade (mpw5@excite.com)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 12:49:34 EST

Kyle,
As far as releasing the serpentine belt tensioner is concerned, I use a 3
foot long crowbar, the straight end is rested against the frame and the bar
itself is against the tensioner arm. I then push the bar towards the block
and the whole thing moves very easily to relieve pressure. As I reposition
the new belt, I do the same thing and then release the pressure tightening
the belt. It may sound like overkill, but I replace the belt every other
year in March. I also change my plugs, cap, rotor & wires every year just
for luck.
Except for having my water pump go away this past year (Nov) I have had few
problems with my 93 V6 since I bought it in Dec 92. We now have 150k and
are running strong.

martin
93 cc V6 5spd

Send a cool gift with your E-Card