Re: Spanks and Ripoff artists

From: George T. Geissinger (ustow@ptd.net)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 16:36:32 EST

I guess it comes down to if it needed them you should have had them on
already then there wouln't have been a bitch. I am a shop and I understand
how it all works from both sides. I usually don't charge labor for somthing
like that but some shops charge a min fee for anything like a $3 bulb and
$15 to change it. I just did a $10 batt tray in a labarron and couldn't see
chargeing the hour it took to grind the bolts and get new bolts and clips.
It would have been $60 or $70 in honest time and extra parts but I look at
the customers side. I also think you have no bitch when you bring somthing
in and it needs somthing so simple and haven't changed it themself. And just
because Wallmart sells blades for $6.00 apr doesn't mean I buy them for
that., For a reg customer I would have charget list for the blades and
porbably changed them for nothing but then it is my shop with me doing it
and I couldn't stay in buisness paying a guy to do that kind of stuff
without chargeing.
Maybe it would pay for you to GO OVER things yourseld next time then if
they say you need somthing you have a bitch if they are lying to you. We
have shops here who tell you that the front end is bad even if it is almost
new and some pay!
 GEORGE!!