Re:pace-edwards roll-top & power lock

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 04:39:05 EST

Victor,
I have that set-up on, and it's the best cover around for the money! Paid
$550 shipped from Leroy's Custom Painting in Minn. DON'T get the Powerbolt
lock from Pace, it's a POS! I did, wired it up, and it wouldn't lock! Wound
up getting the Pop-n-Lock from JC Whitney and using the wiring from the Pace,
as once you tie-strap it to the frame from the tailgate all the way up into
the interior, it's a royal pain to take it out, and they use the same
harness. The Pace lock is cheapo aluminum with a weak little stud, whereas
the Pop-n-Lock is cad-plated steel with a flat bar that really stops the
handle from lifting. Much heavier system, in my opinion. The Rolltop is a
nice cover, don't know why people say the Roll-n-Lock is so much better
(unless they have a "vested" interest), go with the Pace & don't waste the
extra $. Think the Roll-n-Lock is like $200 more than the Pace, and basically
it's the same mechanism..Pics of the cover are on my somewhat outdated
webpage.

Kevin/NJ
99 CC 5.2L 2wd auto (318 R/T )
always addin' more...see my profile