Re: One Heck of a Saturday (Sort of off topic, and long)

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 00:31:14 EST

Not to be a pr*ck, but what made you think it was legal to drive a
snowmobile on a sidewalk in the first place? Don't know about where you
live, but in NY, you can be stopped by an officer for riding a BIKE on a
sidewalk. A snowmobile, you'd get slapped pretty quick. You need a
sign to tell you everything you can't do, instead of deferring to common
sense? Just because someone else did it, it's OK for you to do it?

You caused no damage? You said your friend's sled hit a car after he
was pulled off it. I thought those things had killswitches that you
were supposed to tie around your wrist so it would stop the thing if you
fell off?

Sorry, I didn't mean to rant, I just can't understand how you think
you're innocent and should be absolved of all wrongdoing here. Are you
punishable for what you did? What's the law say?