Re: best way to lower a gen II dak

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 20:05:44 EST

There are several ways to lower a Gen II. For the
front: Forged Dropped Spindles, air bags, lowered coil
springs or hydraulics. For the rear: shackles and
hangers, de-arched leaf springs, lowering blocks, air
bags or hydraulics. Also smaller wheels and tires.
Cutting or heating the coils is definately not the way
to go. When I had my custom shop; I had many a truck
come in like what you have described. This is very
dangerous when you go to remove them. They don't flex
the way they are supposed to. When to heat them; they
bend like a boomerang. You can't use spring
compressors on them at all. When you cut them; you
risk losing elasticity in the coil. Either way
damages other areas of your front end.