Car Audio Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 23:54:26 EST

Do such products like 'StreetWires Set-screw Power Rings' and 'StreetWires
Inter-Lok Power Rings' really work when using thick, 4gauge wires? I mean,
the set screw type rings, are just that; do the set screws really hold the
wires on tight without movement and having to constantly check them? The
Inter Lock power rings hold the wire into the terminals by twisting the
rings onto the wire, like a wire nut almost. Before I spend $20 on a pair,
do they really really really hold on and provide a good solid connection, or
is soldering the only way to go?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6