Re: Battery To Body Ground Wire

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 14:33:35 EST

<<<Will,
Thanks a ton. I knew I have 2 negative wires coming off the battery, and
this helps out alot with sizes. Would you happen to have the specs for the
positive wires coming off of the battery? I think there are 3 wires total, a
thick 6 gauge type wire and another 2 smaller wires, possibly 10 gauge. Can
you confirm this in your FSM as well as where they all run to. THANKS!
Kyle
93 Daktoa 4x4 V6>>>

Kyle,
According to my FSM there are three wires that lead off the positive
terminal. One is a 6 gauge black wire that runs to the power distribution
block behind the battery. The other is a 6 gauge black wire that runs down
to the starter. The other is a 14 guage "pink?" wire that runs to Splice
110, connects to a fusible link and splice 108 connects it to a 16 guage pink
wire that connects to Fuse 1 (20 Amp) that leads out to an 18 white wire that
connects to the hazard flasher. I don't understand why there is a seperate
14 guage wire for the hazards, but hey, DC has pulled some better stunts
before (A/C box with heater core in it under the dash, the b@stards!). Hope
this helps.

Will
96 Paxton huffed NOS intercooled 408 Dakota
89 Shelby Dakota
69 Dodge Charger