Battery To Body Ground Wire

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 02:13:40 EST

<<<Does anyone know off hand what is the size, gauge-wise, of the negative
black wire which is the 'battery-to-body' ground wire on GenII Dakotas? How
about the length? I think it is like a 12-10 gauge wire, about 14"
long(probably not even this long). I dont want to trust my memory though. If
not, I will just pop the hood and check whenever it stops raining. Anyone
see any problems with going with a thicker than stock wire for this battery
to body ground wire?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6>>>

Kyle, according to my FSM for a 96 dakado, the two ground wires that come off
the battery terminal are one 10 gauge wire that runs up to the front drivers
side part of the radiator support, and the other is a 6 gauge wire that runs
to the engine block. I am not sure about length, but 2 ft at the most. hope
this helps

Will
96 Paxton huffed NOS intercooled 408 Dakota
89 Shelby Dakota
69 Dodge Charger