Re: Powerdyne SC, is it worth it?

From: Chris Mangano (manganos@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 20:13:52 EST

That sounds like a decent deal. I had a PD S/C on my 2000 Dakota. The only
thing to watch is the tensioner system. It is a manual tensioner and the it
needs to be REALLY REALLY tight and that can lead to problems such as
alternator bearings going bad etc. I didn't make mine that tight but I also
didn't get on it that hard either. $2000 isn't bad considering you will
need the MSD BTM and the bypass valve lets the pressure that has built up
release giving you better throttle response and it won't cause the TB hat to
blow off due to extreme pressure.