RE: are four barrels better than two?

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 22:06:49 EST

The 4-barrel throttle body only fits on the MPI version of the M-1 intake(i
think that is the designation) ... This intake is a single plane intake made
mainly for high revving applications...

For normal streeting and weekend racing, I recommend a modified version of
the stock intake... Hughes Engines does them and larger throttle bodies...
Jon Smith ( a fellow DML member) also mods intakes. You don't really need
the 4-barrel setup for what cam you are running....just ask Rick Wisotzkey,
he's going with a more radical cam to handle all the extra air....you can
see hi dyno run info on www.fast4x4.net (Jon Smith's site)

Later,
Tom "Slick"